GENERAL TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Article 1. Application of general terms and conditions
- These general terms and conditions apply to all activities (conferences and any other continuing education activities) (hereinafter referred to as “Activity(ies)”) organised by the LTC Private Foundation with its registered office at Korte Vlierstraat 6 box B211, 2000 Antwerp and registered with the KBO with number 0784.775.827 (hereinafter referred to as “LTC”).
- Any registration, booking, reservation or payment by the Customer for any Activity at LTC implies the explicit, unconditional and irrevocable acceptance, without any reservation whatsoever, of these General Terms and Conditions by the Customer (as well as by any person on whose behalf the Customer completes a registration), who acknowledges having taken note of their content.
- These general terms and conditions can also be consulted in their entirety and in their latest version on the LTC website via the following link: www.lovetomorrow.com
- LTC reserves the right to amend and/or update these General Terms and Conditions from time to time. Such changes shall be announced on the website and/or by e-mail at the e-mail address provided by the Customer.
- These general terms and conditions do not in any way affect any mandatory legislation applicable to the Customer who is a consumer within the meaning of Article I, 1, 2° of the Economic Code, namely: “any natural person acting for purposes which are outside his trade, business, craft or profession”.
Article 2. Reservations and registrations
- The Customer acknowledges and accepts that , all LTC Activities are only accessible for the age categories shown on the website.
- Unless otherwise agreed between LTC and the Customer, only registrations, bookings or reservations for Activities via the LTC website shall be registered and accepted.
- To register, book or reserve an Activity, the Customer shall complete the online registration form for the specific Activity fully and correctly.
- If the desired Activity is still available, the Customer shall complete the registration procedure online by accepting these General Terms and Conditions and paying for the Activity.
- After payment of the Activity by the Customer, the Customer shall receive an e-mail from the LTC confirming the registration and a confirmation of payment.
- The agreement between LTC and the Customer is in any case only concluded when the written confirmation of registration has been sent by LTC.
- Each registration that is confirmed by LTC is definitive. Except where mandatory legislation stipulates otherwise, the Customer cannot cancel a registration or claim a refund. At the express request of the Customer via email@example.com and with the written approval of LTC, the Customer may allow a person other than the person who is registered to participate in the Activity.
Article 3. Price and payment
- The prices indicated on the LTC website are inclusive of VAT and are stated in euros. The offer and the price are valid on the day the website is visited and/or the registration, booking or reservation is made by the Customer. The offer and the price of the Activities may be changed by LTC at any time before registration, booking or reservation.
- Any discounts granted to the Customer for participation in an Activity shall be indicated on the website. Discounts cannot be combined and are automatically calculated. Unlawfully obtained discounts shall be claimed back.
- The Customer can only pay for the Activity via LTC’s online payment system upon registration.
- The price of the Activity includes all costs. Unless expressly indicated otherwise in the Activity on the LTC website, catering/lunch/drinks are not included in the price.
- A late arrival or early departure at an Activity shall not give rise to any reimbursement or compensation, even if this departure is due to an accident or illness of the participant.
- LTC does not issue tax certificates for Activities that are specifically organised for minors.
- With the exception of Bonus Pearls and Pearls preloaded by the Festival Organiser, which are non-refundable, Pearls can only be refunded after the end of the Festival. The Festival Organiser will therefore not refund any Pearl during the Festival (even if a Festival Visitor is refused entry to the Festival).
- All refunds are subject to a refund fee, which will be communicated to the Festival Visitor at www.lovetomorrow.com as soon as Pearls can be purchased.
- Manual refunds apply to all amounts loaded onto the cashless carrier through a cashless customer care point at the Festival.
- Manual refunds can be requested until 14 August 2023, 23:59 CET. Refund requests submitted after this date will not be considered. Festival Visitors are advised to make maximum use of online top-ups.
- The Festival Organiser aims to start the refund process within seven working days of the end of the registration period for these refunds. This timing is subject to possible delays beyond the control of the Festival Organiser. The refunds will be made using the payment method specified by the Festival Visitor in the ‘manual refund form’.
- Because manual refunds are processed individually, there is a minimum processing time between the cashless system notification and the effective payment. This processing time will take approximately three banking days. The Festival Organiser cannot be held liable within this minimum processing time. The processing time depends on the refund method chosen.
- Festival Visitors are responsible for providing the correct refund information to the Festival Organiser. If Festival Visitors do not provide the Festival Organiser with the correct information, the Festival Organiser reserves the right not to execute the refund.
- NON SEPA refunds are subject to additional bank charges of €7.00, which are deducted from the refund amount. These payments require an additional processing time of at least three banking days and are subject to additional bank charges imposed by the acquiring bank. These fees will be paid by the Festival Visitors.
- Third-party service providers
- LTC’s cashless payment system is offered to Festival Visitors with the support of 1 supplier/payment provider: Weezticket.
Article 4. Changes to and/or cancellation of an Activity
- WAOW reserves the right, in the event of certain circumstances, to make changes to the programme before or during the Activity. In doing so, any adverse consequences for the Customer or participants shall be limited as far as possible. The Customer shall not be entitled to any compensation and/or reimbursement.
- LTC reserves the right to cancel and/or move an Activity for organisational reasons. In that case LTC shall immediately inform the Customer at the e-mail address indicated by the Customer. When cancelling the Activity the Customer shall be reimbursed for the price paid for the Activity without being entitled to any compensation.
Article 5. Copyright and intellectual property
The copyright and/or any other intellectual property rights relating to an Activity organised by LTC shall become or remain the property of LTC. The Customer may not copy and/or reproduce in any way whatsoever any documents/images/information/course material/… of LTC without the express prior written consent of LTC.
Article 6. Liability
- Except in the event of mandatory legislation to the contrary, LTC shall not be liable for damage, from whatever cause, to goods or persons caused by or in connection with participation in an LTC Activity.
- To the extent that LTC is liable for any damage, this liability shall be limited to direct damage with the express exclusion of indirect damage (such as but not limited to: economic loss, loss of opportunity, loss of goodwill, …) up to the amount that is actually covered by its insurance.
- For Activities organised by LTC for minors, the Customer shall provide all necessary information to LTC when registering so that the minor participant can participate in the Activity in optimal conditions. It is the responsibility of the Customer to provide LTC with the necessary information regarding medication and/or allergens used by the minor participant. In case the Customer requests LTC to administer medication to a minor participant during the Activity, LTC shall only do so upon receipt of and in conformity with the administration prescription drawn up by the treating physician. Except in case of mandatory legislation to the contrary, LTC and/or its employees cannot be held responsible for the possible consequences or side effects that would occur after administration.
Article 7. Rules of conduct
The Customer acknowledges and accepts that by registering for an Activity, he agrees to the policies of the LTC, its rules of conduct and policies during the Activity. The rules of conduct shall include the basic values of courtesy and respect for each other, speakers, LTC staff and for the material used during the Activities. If the Customer or the participant in the Activity does not abide by these basic rules, LTC reserves the right to immediately exclude the Customer or the participant from the Activity and to refuse further access to the Activity, without the Customer being able to claim any right to reimbursement and/or compensation.
Article 8. Imagery
- By registering, the Customer acknowledges and accepts that LTC may take pictures and/or visual material of the participants during the Activities, either non-targeted or targeted (subject to valid authorisation) and use these for publicity purposes (including but not limited to: website, brochures, social media, …).
- If the Customer registers a minor participant for an Activity, the Customer shall specifically indicate whether or not he or she gives LTC and Tomorrowland Academy valid permission to take specific photos and/or use images of the minor participant for publicity purposes (including but not limited to: website, brochures, social media, …).
Article 9. Privacy and GDPR
LTC processes the personal data of the Customer in accordance with the applicable privacy and data protection regulations, in particular Regulation (EU) 2016/679 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 27 April 2016 on the protection of individuals with regard to the processing of personal data and on the free movement of such data and repealing Directive 95/46/EC (General Data Protection Regulation). More information on how LTC processes personal data can be found by clicking on this hyperlink: www.lovetomorrow.com
Article 10. Applicable law and competent court
- All agreements concluded with LTC as well as any disputes relating thereto shall be exclusively governed by Belgian law.
- In case of disputes between the Customer and LTC in relation to these General Terms and Conditions, the courts of the judicial district of Antwerp, Antwerp Branch shall have exclusive jurisdiction.
SPECIFIC CONDITIONS FOR TICKETS AND ADD-ONS
- LTC is a partner of WEAREONE.WORLD BV (“WAOW”) and from time to time sells tickets for events organised by WAOW (“Tickets”).
- When the Customer registers for an Activity with LTC, he will, where applicable, be given the option to purchase a Ticket via LTC in addition to his registration for the Activity.
- When the Customer buys a Ticket via LTC, he fully acknowledges and accepts the ticket and festival conditions of WAOW (available via the following link: https://www.tomorrowland.com/en/festival/practical/general-terms-conditions ) as well as the following special exception to the ticket and festival conditions of WAOW that shall always apply to Tickets bought by the Customer via LTC:
a. Bracelets are not sent to the Customer but can be collected by the Customer at the location indicated by LTC;
b. The Customer does not have to pre-register for the Tickets;
c. The Customer does not benefit from the “first 20” advantage;
d. The Customer may not use WAOW’s exchange desk;
e. The Customer can personalise his Tickets but cannot change the name.
- The option to purchase Tickets is offered to the Customer by LTC at its own discretion. The Customer cannot claim any Tickets by registering for an Activity of LTC.
- Tickets are always offered by LTC on the basis of availability.